Jeep JKU Plate and Cubbies Instructions 2007-2018 Model Years
Goose Gear Jeep JK Premium Plate System
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU START
TO GUARANTEE A QUALITY INSTALLATION, WE RECOMMEND READING THESE INSTRUCTIONS THOUROUGHLY BEFORE BEGINNING ANY WORK.
INCLUDED PARTS QTY
Premium Jeep JK Floor Plate 1
Storage Hatch Cover 1
Jack Storage Hatch Cover 1
Hardware Pack 1
Premium Jeep JK Fenders 2
Fender Top Plate 2
Fender Front Plate 2
Fender Hatch Cover 2
Roll Bar Surrounds 4
1” Side Rail Extrusion 15” 2
1” Side Rail Extrusion 7” 4
Hardware Pack 1
Common Hand Tools
4 mm Allen Wrench
Torx Bits Size T-30 and T-40
I. VEHICLE PREPERATION
A. REMOVE THE STORAGE LID/PLASTIC
1. Remove the Jeep floor mat and plastic lid from storage compartment by sliding it rearward.
2. Remove the insert tray above the factory jack.
3. Reach into the jack compartment and remove the plastic tie down for the storage lid. There are 4 detents that need to get pushed inward in order for it to release.
B. REMOVE THE FACTORY REAR PLASTIC/SUBWOOFER
1. Remove the 6 factory tie down loops on the floor of the Jeep using a socket wrench and a Torx T-40 bit. 4 factory tie downs are in the rear plastic and 2 are towards the front on the floor. Set aside to be stored with the factory subwoofer enclosure.
2. Remove the factory rear plastic/subwoofer from both sides. First lightly pry the top plastic piece surrounding the actual seatbelt. Slide it up and out of the way. DO NOT REMOVE. Next the smaller plastic piece around the roll bar has 5 plastic tabs. 3 are on the front and 2 are on the back. The tabs need to be pushed outward to release. Remove and set aside.
3. There is a small nut on the inside next to the roll bar that needs to be loosened before pulling the plastic subwoofer enclosure off. See image below
4. Remove the 12V DC plug by releasing the tab with a small screwdriver.
5. Now would be a good time to vacuum the carpet and clean/prep the area.
6. If you plan on using the 12V DC wires now is your chance before everything is installed.
C. REMOVE FACTORY HARD TOP BOLT
1. Remove the front factory hard top bolt using a socket wrench and a T-40. Leave the nut/housing on the underside. Retain the bolt for possible system removal at a later date. Install cubby bracket under Jeep body and use the supplied hardware. Leave this bolt and the bracket loose so you can align it with the top of the cubbies. Once it is all in place you can tighten this bolt snug, do not over tighten.
D. REMOVE THE FACTORY TAILGATE SWING ARM
1. Remove the 4 factory bolts holding the tailgate arm on. Use a socket wrench and a T-30. Set the bolts aside to be reused. CAUTION –BRACE THE TAILGATE SO IT CANNOT SWING OPEN.
II. CUBBIES INSTALLATION
A. INSTALL SUPPORT BRACKET
1. Install the metal bracket under the bottom of the forward hard top nut/housing using the supplied longer bolt and extra locknut. Angle the bracket rearward 30 degrees. Tighten snug. CAUTION – OVER TORQUEING THIS BOLT COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE HARD TOP. Repeat for the other side. See images below.
2. Pull the tailgate door seal out and away from the Jeep tub. We recommend that you wrap (electrical tape) the wire loom going from the tailgate to the Jeep if the wires are exposed. Install 2 zip ties around the wire loom loosely. To be snugged up later.
B. FENDER ASSEMBLY
1. On a workbench attach the 1” aluminum rails to the back of the main panel. You should have (2) 7” rails and (1) 15” rail per side. Use the supplied ¾” Allen head bolts connecting them to the t-nuts. Once the hardware is all installed, slide the aluminum rails onto the t-nuts and tighten down.
2. Install the ¾” Allen head bolts/t-nuts to the fender front plate and slide it down onto the aluminum rail. Tighten it in place once it is flush with the top.
C. INSTALL PASSENGER SIDE FENDER
1. Place the newly assembled passenger side fender into the Jeep and visually align the holes for the tailgate bracket.
2. Install the 4 t-nuts into the upper rails at this time in preparation for the top plate. 2 t-nuts per rail.
3. Slide the tailgate wire loom into the slot and fasten the zip ties behind the fender to hold the wire loom in place.
4. Reattach the factory Torx bolts (removed earlier) and tighten up loosely.
5. Push the rear factory door seal back in place.
6. Align the previous installed t-nuts in the top rail with the Allen head bolts directly below. This will be a good starting point once the top plate is in position.
7. Grabbing the top plate weave it in from the front to the back around the roll bar.
8. Take your 4mm Allen wrench and eyeball the t-nuts to the top plate holes.
9. Attach the ¾” Allen head bolts to the t-nuts. Once you have all 4 bolts attached make sure to align the front corner pushing the fender to the back of the Jeep tub.
10. Back in II A. we installed the support bracket to the underside of the Jeep’s hardtop. Install the supplied 1” – ¼”-20 bolt thru the top plate and support bracket. Gaining access thru the fender storage hatch attach the supplied ¼”-20 nylock nut.
11. Install the roll bar surrounds using (4) ¼’-20 x 2½” Allen bolts per side.
12. Push the factory seatbelt plastic surround down and into place.
13. AT THIS TIME YOU MIGHT FEEL THE URGE TO TIGHTEN EVERYTHING DOWN. BE PATIENT WE WILL GET TO IT ONCE THE FLOOR IS INSTALLED.
D. REPEAT STEP II FOR THE DRIVER SIDE
1. On the driver side fender you will insert the power plug and windshield washer hose up thru the top plate before installing it if you have a hardtop and repeat the process from the passenger side.
Excellent job, you now have the side cubbies installed. Remember to leave the bolts loose until the floor plate is installed.
III. PLATE INSTALLATION
B. Plate Install into Vehicle
1. Before inserting the JKU Plate, lower the backseats.
2. Visually check that the mounting holes in the Jeep tub are accessible thru the carpet. These holes are where you removed the factory front tie downs.
3. With the floor access hatch removed get an assistant to help you place the Premium Plate into the Jeep. Hint – by turning it on its side at about a 30° angle lift the Premium Plate past the front of the fenders by about 5”. Then slowly lower the Premium Plate and pull it back into position. This way the Premium Plate clears the door latches/tailgate hinge.
4. Using a flashlight line up the 4 holes in the Premium Plate with the holes in the Jeep tub. Install the supplied M6x70mm Allen bolts and flat washers.
5. Secure the plate to the vehicle with an allen wrench. Do not over tighten, they will get snug in place. Over tightening can damage the factory anchor points.
6. Install the jack access cover plate using (2) ¼’-20 x 2” Allen bolts.
7. Tighten all remaining bolts on the cubbies down. Remember snug is good, overtightening can cause damage.
Congratulations on installing your Goose Gear Jeep JK Premium Plate System. If you have any questions during the install please feel free to give us a call at
844-466-7334 x 102