Jeep JT Gladiator Second Row Seat Delete Installation Instructions
Installation Guide for JT Gladiator Seat Delete Platforms
The Goose Gear JT Gladiator Seat Deletes each mount to the vehicle using the 4 bolt locations that exist in the rear deck section of the vehicle that are empty after removing the corresponding seat. Installation requires the permanent removal of the plastic tray on the floor. Installation also requires removal of the plastic trim surrounding the seat belt receivers on the floor between the seats. All carpet on the floor may remain. The factory jack and factory toolbox may remain.
The factory bolts have a great deal of incredibly strong loc-tite type material on them making them difficult to remove. This also makes it difficult to install the new supplied bolts. We have found that the best way to prepare for this is to take the factory bolt out, remove the seat(s) as described below. Then re-install the factory bolts into the factory holes once or twice to assist in clearing the threads out. It is also a good idea, but not required, to use anti-seize on the new bolts prior to installation. If you have further issues you may want to clear the threads using a tap and cutting fluid. The tap size is M12-1.75, be sure to use the tap appropriately to prevent damaging the threads.
- Socket Wrench
- M10 Socket
- Torx T25 socket or Torx T25 Driver
- E14 Torx (star) Socket
- 5/32” or 4mm Allen Wrench or Hex Key Driver
- 8mm Allen Wrench or Hex Key Driver
IDENTIFYING SEAT DELETE COMPONENTS
40% Seat Delete for Driver’s Side
Includes, 40% Delete Plate, Center Divider Panel, Door Infill Panel, Front Infill Panel and Installation Hardware.
60% Seat Delete for Driver’s Side
Includes, 60% Delete Plate, Center Divider Panel, Door Infill Panel, Front Infill Panel and Installation Hardware.
Installation hardware for either 40% or 60% seat delete includes:
2 – M12-1.75x50mm Button Head Socket Screw
2 – M12-1.75x70mm Button Head Socket Screw
4 – M12 Flat Washer
REMOVE SEAT FROM VEHICLE
- Remove the factory plastic tray on the floor that is under the rear seat using M10 socket
- Remove Plastic Trim @ 40/60 seat mount / seat belt receiver location using Torx T25
- From under the 40% seat, remove (two) bolts connecting the 40% section to the 60% section using M10 socket.
- Remove (four) Bolts securing the Seat You Are Deleting from the floor with Torx E-14 Socket (star shaped). Remove seat from vehicle. Jeep factory has applied a large amount of Loctite to the factory bolts, you will find a longer handle ratchet makes the job much easier.
ASSEMBLE SEAT DELETE
Using the ¼”x20 black screws and T Nuts already positioned on the (three) seat delete plate leg supports, mount seat delete leg supports to the extrusion under the seat delete. Using a 5/32” or 4mm Allen/Hex Driver loosen the screws already installed in each leg piece and slide the legs onto the extrusion from one end of the extrusion.
Feel free to slightly loosen the ¼”x20 black screws holding the extrusion bar(s) to seat delete plate to make sliding the legs on easier. You will have to adjust the leg positions when installing plate into vehicle. Do Not fully tighten any of the leg or extrusion screws until after the delete is secure in the vehicle.
- The Hatch Access Door is at the vehicle front end of the seat delete. Attach Front Leg with notch down at carpet and toward the door onto the cross-vehicle extrusion on front underside of seat delete.
- Attach Interior/Center-Of-Vehicle Leg to under seat extrusion on vehicle center side of underside of seat delete. This side is the one with the shorter length of extrusion. Install this center leg with the near 90deg angle toward the front of vehicle and elongated angle toward the rear.
- Attach Outer/Door Side Leg to door side longest length of extrusion. Install with the skinny portion towards the rear and the taller section to the front of the vehicle.
- Note pictured positions of legs along their respective extrusions to get leg positions as close as possible to their individual desired positions prior to positioning Seat Delete into vehicle.
40% Seat Delete Assembled
60% Seat Delete Assembled
MOUNT SEAT DELETE INTO VEHICLE
- With the support legs AND the underside extrusions still slightly loose, position the seat delete inside the vehicle.
- Using a pen or small screwdriver or your 5/32” Allen/Hex Driver, align the seat delete plate mounting holes over the (Four) previous factory seat mounting holes.
- You will have to slide the under delete support legs in possibly both of their respective directions to position the seat delete over the (four) factory seat mounting holes.
- Find the (four) black zinc M12 bolts supplied with the Seat Delete and thread each through one of the supplied black zinc washers.
- Thread the two shorter M12 Bolts through the rear seat delete holes into the rear factory floor holes. Just thread several turns. DO NOT Tighten Yet.
- Thread the two longer M12 Bolts through the front seat delete holes into the front factory floor holes. Just thread several turns. DO NOT Tighten Yet.
- Adjust positioning of the plate for best looking fit and alignment.
- Adjust all three under delete plate legs for best spaced position on their respective side.
- Tighten the horizontal/sideways facing ¼”x20 black screws into the inside/center-of-vehicle extrusion supporting the inside/center-of-vehicle support legs.
- Finger tighten the (four) M12 bolts without using a socket wrench
- Tighten ¼”x20 black screws from the top of the plate holding each of the three under delete plate extrusions.
- Using a hand socket wrench, tighten the rear M12 thru-plate securing bolts to a just-snug fit. DO NOT over-tighten.
- Using a hand socket wrench, tighten the front M12 thru-plate securing bolts to a just-snug fit. DO NOT over-tighten.
- Tighten the horizontal/sideways facing ¼”x20 black screws of front and outside support legs now.
- You may now install the seat delete hatch doors.
- If you purchased Goose Gear Anchors with hardware, they may now be installed in any of the available corner ¼”x20 threaded locations.
- Cleaning the surface of the seat plate is easy with just a lint free cloth rag and water.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at Goose-Gear.com